Sunday, June 2, 2013

Hello June! - Out with the empties!!

Hello June!

Honestly, I don't understand how people can have "empties" every month...maybe I'll get it one day haha. Instead, since my empties rate is so low, I'm lumping them all into one post that covers January to May products that I've used up!

Milani's face powder has become my ultimate fav!! I've tried a number of mattifying powders from the drugstore and Sephora and this has come out as the all out winner. Light weight but still provides coverage, doesn't break the bank, has no smell and is pretty long wearing. The range of shades is also decent in my opinion. You can find this online on Milani's website but if you're looking for it right away check your local Walmart--hopefully they'll have it in stock!
Milani - Multitasker Face Powder ($6.99)



I was really skeptical about this purchase but I just HAD to have it. I mean Lady Gaga is a GENIUS for creating a black perfume (that doesn't stain), pure genius. The scent was much stronger than I had anticipated but really just takes getting used to. Sephora describes this beauty as:

"...(the first) of its kind in fluid technology, it is black like the soul of Fame but invisible once airborne. This black fluid exudes a lustful, floral, fruity essence for fabulous little monsters. Enriched with tears of belladonna, a black veil of incense, and pulverized apricot, this fragrance may cause illicit fits of extravagance, unrivalled rushes of adoration, and prolonged moments of ecstasy and rapture."

Enticed? You will be.
Lady Gaga - Fame, 1 oz. Eau de Parfum Spray ($42.00)




FINALLY. FINISHED. THIS. I think I may have purchased this a year ago...by far my FAV foundation. Granted that I haven't tried that many, please take my opinion with a grain of salt. I would say I am a def UD fan though...this product is also genius! Light weight and gives adequate coverage. I also feel like it brightens and gives my skin some kind of glow because I always get compliments on how great my complexion looks! There's also a wide range of shades available! This can be purchased on both the UD website or Sephora website; I would suggest seeing which one has any promos going on ;) FYI my shade is 3.5!
Urban Decay -  Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup ($39.00)



Good mascaras always seem to be the hardest things to find...or maybe make a decision about haha. I went through a waterproof mascara kick, very wearable and durable especially since I used to be an active person/athlete. However, I realized that it's so hard to take off at the end of the day! Leading up to the 2012 Summer Olympics, the Covergirl commercials got me--the endorsements for this particular mascara made me get up, get out and go buy this specific one--note the "Olympic" packaging. I so would do that...either way, I've found my go to mascara! While this one is not waterproof, it lasts even through an intense volleyball workout/session. It also makes my lashes look fabulous in one coat! This can be purchased from various retailers; I would suggest checking your local drugstore!
 Covergirl - LashBlast Volume Mascara ($6-$8)




In late 2012, my love affair with LUSH began...& it's still going strong!! I purchased this in December 2012 and only recently finished the pot. I have to admit that I freaked out when I saw the price of this, but the employee who helped me assuaged me that it would last forever--and it did!! Great natural product that works well is lightweight and can easily be used under or over makeup; it's good for combination skin and has soothing properties. This does have a slight odor that may be sensitive for some but I'm fine with it. I apply this after using LUSH's Ocean Salt (coconut cream and sea salt scrub) & Eau Roma Water (toner), which is also very refreshing and soothing (e.g., lavender); I am on my 2nd pots of these as well!
LUSH - Vanishing Cream ($42.95)



So gal pals, that's all that I could come up with for now...I'm sure I have other empties around...perhaps I can do a monthly type of thing. We'll see :)

xoxo
~carlykins

4 comments:

  1. I always wondered the same thing especially when it came to makeup. I still have stuff from high school that I can't seem to use up! The price of Lush freaks me out too that's why I've only tried the bath bombs but I like how they have a recycling program like MAC! So happy to see that you blog :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh im glad im not the only one! hehe yes, my LUSH addiction can be dangerous >.< but yes the recycling program is awesome! eee idk if this really counts--im glad i know a fellow blogette too! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi lovely, thank you so much for your visit!
    You haven't GFC or Bloglovin? let me know..I love to follow back.
    Have a nice day!!!

    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marcela! I think I have GFC? I'm pretty new to this so I'm not really sure...haha thank you though for visiting & I look forward to seeing more of your awesome posts! <3

      Delete