Thursday, May 23, 2013

5/24/13 Friday Fashion Files - The Wedge Sneaker

Fridays will be all about trends that I love...please feel free to inform me of others as I am not always up to date on these things...but in general these will be from my POV ^_^

The Spring/Summer trend that has been taking the fashion world one step at a time--the wedged sneaker! At first I was totally against this, like how I was VERY opposed to the idea of Uggs; I am now a HUGE fan of Uggs, so ingenious especially for cold places. As such, I have also come to LOVE the idea of the wedged sneaker & I HAD to get myself a pair!

Of course, being me, I didn't want to invest in one that "everyone" had... I scoured the internet and FINALLY found one that I thought was sufficiently unique, fun, on trend and versatile! I settled on these JC's that brought together two trends in one--FLORAL, WEDGE SNEAKER?!--SCORE! Not to mention discounted to only $61 (thank you Lori's Shoes; sign up for emails to get $10 off)?! It was inevitable that this was going to be a part of my closet.

Jeffrey Campbell - Aversa High Wedge Floral Sneaker - White Grey Taupe
Jeffrey Campbell - Aversa
(can be found here)

Now, I know, this may not be to everyone's taste...(my sister personally told me "WHO WOULD BUY THOSE?!")...but like she also says "I DEGAF" hehe :) Just as a note, it's probably best to buy your pair in-store so you can try these styles on; I would probably suggest going a size up since the heel part will jam your toe in the front if it's too tight!

When I first decided to buy into this trend, I was adamant that I only needed one pair. However, my will power has been wavering--eek! Especially with JC's, they are my weakness!! I currently have my eye on these babies (courtesy of Homecoming Honolulu; once again, ENABLERS!!):

Jeffrey Campbell - Venice-Hi, Taupe
(can also be found here)

Other (sometimes cheaper) alternatives can be found at a number of places...Target, etc. I am particularly in LOVE with an ALDO pair that Insta-glamazon PineapplePrincess purchased; the stud embellishments are so rad!!

So would you buy into this trend? Lmk & share your favs!

xoxo
~carlykins

2 comments:

  1. Wow I like it!!!
    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thx Marcela! :) i love them as well!! super comfy too!

      Delete