Sunday, February 10, 2013

february d.i.y. - deco badge reels

So I was brainstorming on what my first DIY post would be...and ta da!

As mentioned previously, I was introduced to deco-ing by a dear friend (visit her deco-fabulous website to see some serious bling, or "kira kira" as the Japanese would refer to it). Upon starting a new job a couple of years ago, I got a spiffy badge and a company badge reel. Of course I had to do something to schnaz up the drab badge and thus the idea to deco badge reels was born! (I came to realize that this perceived "genius" idea of mine has already been done, but I was intent on DIY-ing this myself)!

Luckily I had already had the materials to deco since my first ambitious adventure with deco-ing was to make myself a rad phone case--I'll post pics later :)

Some materials you may need:

  • A badge reel (which can be bought online or via a local supplier; Hawaii: Fisher Hawaii)
  • The Amazing E-6000 glue (yes, it's really called that; found this at Walmart but can be purchased at any craft store)
  • Jewels & Cabochons (for bling!! search for these beauties & cuties via Etsy, Ebay or your local craft store/wholesale supplier)
  • Tweezers (for jewel placement)



After I made my own, I realized how great these were as gifts so I've been crafting these for friends and coworkers. Here's one for a coworker who requested another one after her original one broke:


I'll try to post more of my badge reel creations if I can find the pics!

Carpe D.I.Y.!!

~c


Follow me on Instagram for more pics! :) @snowbunnie06


    


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Alexis! Thank you for your comment. It depends what you are looking for but a great place to start would be searching for "deco" via Etsy or Ebay! (I try to look for vendors with free shipping too!) And of course the more you buy in bulk, the cheaper!

      Delete