Friday, June 14, 2013

Birthday Week - 25 Things I've Learned

6.14.13.

In thinking about what to write to commemorate this "milestone" in my life, I stumbled across a fabulous article by Young & Prosperous...I really liked this take on beginning a new chapter in my life.

So, I will attempt to share 25 things I've learned before (I have half an hour left!) I finally turn the quarter "mile"...just a disclaimer, some of these will be quoted as they are from Y&P....

  1. Be you.
  2. When one door closes, a window opens.
  3. You deserve it, whatever that may be.
  4. Happiness is the way.
  5. "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou
  6. Stand up for yourself.
  7. Don't be afraid to make mistakes. How else are we going to grow?
  8. DREAM.
  9. Without risk, there is little reward.
  10. Only concern yourself with the things you can control.
  11. There is always an opportunity to learn something.
  12. Hug, kiss, say ILY everyday to someone; it's easy to take these things for granted.
  13. Karma IS a bitch, so be nice.
  14. Laugh everyday--it's good for the heart, soul, body, mind...& it reduces wrinkles right?
  15. Appearance is only temporary; your personality & first impression(s) last forever.
  16. Save, save, save! Your future self will thank you :)
  17. Confront your fears. Do one thing everyday that scares you.
  18. "Happiness is the way."
  19. I am a goddess. I need to worship and love myself before I can reciprocate it to others.
  20. "Be the type of person you'd like to meet."
  21. It's ok to JUST DANCE.
  22. Mom's really are always right...as much as we/I don't want to admit it. #itoldyaso
  23. Running moves you forward, but sometimes you just got to stop and smell the roses.
  24. Life is good. 
  25. Believe that everything happens for a reason!



I am sure there are so many other things that I've learned...but in these 30 minutes, theses were the 25 that came to mind first :) I would love to hear what you feel are the most important life lessons you've learned in your lives!


Here's a little sneak peek of a little birthday present to myself. I've always wanted one but could not convince myself to dish out the $$ for any of the colors until now! ...& my bff just purchased the Mini M.A.C.! Uber in love with this...I can't wait to use this today! Happy Birthday to me :)



M.A.C. Clutch, Rebecca Minkoff


Even Google said "Happy Birthday" :)




xoxo
~carlykins

6 comments:

  1. you're so right! love the 25 things!! ♥

    www.letsmakeanewtomorrow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for visiting @braverthanweare! :) i wish i could read your blog, it looks fabulous! ps-add a translate button!! :)

      Delete
  2. Perfect list! The mini MAC is to die for! Happy early birthday :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thx girl! ahh mine is the normal MAC--I LOVE how big it is! Thank you!! :)

      Delete
  3. Aww hope you had a great birthday! Wonderful advice. I will be 24 next year, and even though getting older kinda scares me, it's also exciting as well because you truly get to watch yourself grow and improve as a person :)

    Also, the MAC clutch you have in rosegold is absolutely stunning! I have been eyeing it for weeks on other websites. I love Rebecca Minkoff designs!

    --Mari
    bluchiffon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mari,

      Thank you! Yes, you are so right & I think that's a great attitude!!

      I started using mine & I love it!! I purchased mine via Amazon & delivery was pretty fast! Good luck--perhaps I'll see a review post on your blog soon!

      ~carlykins

      Delete