Monday, May 20, 2013

5/20/13 Makeup-Mani(c) Monday - Dior Lip Glow

Hello Blogger-verse!

I know it's been a while :)

I've decided to take on a new direction for this blog & cover a whole range of things that I LOVE (in typical Gemini fashion). As I am setting an ambitious goal for myself with daily themes, I am hoping I can upkeep with these lofty aspirations!

So here's to new beginnings & say hello to Day 1 of the week, Makeup-Mani(c) Mondays!!

Today's fav will be a makeup product that I have fallen in love with thanks to a dear friend, AnaB...

Dior's Lip Glow is fabulous, not only in packaging but also in product. If you are looking for a hydrating balm that leaves just a hint of pink on your lips, this is your IT balm. Sheer, lightweight, non-sticky, moisturizing and supposedly "engineered" to enhance your natural lip color; I believe this is flattering for all skin types, totally wearable for all occasions and also gives a hint of flirtatiousness ;) The perfect lip product for the summer!


Dior Lip Glow

At $31 a pop, this baby isn't cheap but the benefits far outweigh this economic dilemma! Plus, it lasts for quite a while; I've had mine for a few months and am only hitting the middle, and I use it daily. I purchased my gal at Sephora (and took advantage of a V.I.B. discount early this year) but I believe this is also carried at Nordstrom as well!

If you are looking for a relatively cheaper alternative that offers similar benefits check out the following dupes:
  1. Loreal's Universal Lip Glow (<$8); online, I believe it's only available in the UK?
  2. Sephora's Color Reveal Lip Balm ($12); Sephora
  3. Tarte's LipSurgence Skintuitive Lip Tint ($24); Sephora


Better snag this little beauty ASAP so you can pucker up for that summer lovin' ;)

xoxo
~carlykins


4 comments:

  1. the color is very nice *_* your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it's gorgeous & super natural looking Thi! thank you for visiting! :) i will def stop by!!

      Delete
  2. So beautiful...I like your blog.^^
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nessa, thank you! You're so sweet! I will try to keep it interesting :) haha

      Delete